We respect your individual privacy and treat your Personal Data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). This Data Protection Policy explains to you how we deal with the information that we collect from you, in particular, the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
This Policy applies to all Personal Data processed by Gardens by the Bay through its websites, domains, applications (Apps) or other platforms (collectively, the "Platforms"), which include Gardens by the Bay online shop (shop.gardensbythebay.com.sg).
1. Personal Data
"Personal Data" refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. Examples of Personal Data include your name, telephone number, mailing address, email address, transactional data which you have provided us in any forms submitted to us, via your use of your Friends of the Gardens membership card, or via other forms of interaction with you.
2. Collection of Data
(i) Direct Interactions
We collect your Personal Data when you interact on our Platforms or visit our premises, including when you:
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- enter contests, promotions or surveys that we conduct from time to time;
- give us feedback or make enquiries;
- log on to WiFi at our premises;
- use mobile or web applications developed by us;
- register for our events and/or when you visit our Websites;
- register for the Friends of the Gardens programme, through your use of the Friends of the Gardens membership card or our services and/or your visit to our Websites for the purposes of fulfilling, servicing and managing your membership in our Friends of the Gardens programme and rendering our services to you, which includes but not limited to allowing you unlimited access to the Flower Dome, Cloud Forest and OCBC Skyway over the course of your membership duration, and notifying you on benefits and privileges pertaining to the Friends of the Gardens programme.
- participate in any activities organised by us, in your feedback or participation in surveys, market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling, trend analysis or other purposes to enable us to customize, review, improvise and develop our products and services, to understand customer preference, behavior and market trends and any other purpose that we may notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent collectively referred to as the “Purpose”.
- are photographed or filmed through the use of cameras, mobile devices, closed-circuit television systems or other surveillance devices and systems at our premises.
A "cookie" is a piece of data that is sent by a web server to a web browser. It identifies you as a unique user and enables the server to collect information from the browser. It will be sent to your computer every time you visit our Websites.
3. Links to Third Party Websites
The Website may contain links to and from external sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible or liable for the content and privacy practices of these other websites, we encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those websites.
Gardens by the Bay has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Gardens by the Bay shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
4. Consent of Collection of Personal Data
(i) By providing your Personal Data through any of the above-mentioned ways, you have agreed to the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data by Gardens by the Bay for any of the purposes listed herein.
(iii) The Gardens and/or any party authorised by us may carry out photography and/or videography on the premises, including all ticketed and non-ticketed areas of the Gardens. You hereby grant us and such party authorised by us permission to use your image or likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media for promotional, advertising, publicity or other purposes and in any format or media whatsoever. You further waive all rights whatsoever including copyright in these material which shall vest in Gardens by the Bay or any party authorised by Gardens by the Bay.
5. Purpose and Use of Personal Data
We will use your Personal Data which will include but is not limited to the following:
(i) to help us develop, improve, manage and administer the services we provide to you, including our Platforms and Wi-Fi services;
(ii) to help us verify your identity for processing and administering your membership application or registration;
(iii) to send you notifications and marketing messages in relation to our promotional events, offers, opportunities, products and programmes;
(iv) to conduct marketing activities including market research, customer profiling, customer insights and targeted marketing activities;
(v) to carry out profiling and statistical analysis to improve our services to notify you of changes to our programmes, policies, terms and conditions, platform updates and other administrative information;
(vi) to administer programmes, promotions and events;
(vii) to prevent, detect and investigate crime and security-related incidents, including fraud, and analyzing and risk management, and to be revealed only to law enforcement agencies, relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities in compliance with any laws or order of court;
(viii) to conduct surveys, questionnaires and requests for feedback;
(ix) to respond to your queries, requests, feedback and complaints;
(x) for promotional and publicity purposes, including taking photographs of participants at events or functions organized, hosted or participated at our premises when you visit our Gardens.
(xi) to meet the requirements of any applicable laws/regulations, enforceable governmental request or court order;
(xii) for any other purposes as may be specified in any notice given to you at the time your Personal Data is collected.
6. Disclosure of Personal Data
(i) We will take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Data against any unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure and ensure that access to your Personal data is limited to persons whom we reasonably believe requires access for effective delivery of our services to you for the purposes listed herein (where applicable) or any other purposes as consented by you.
(ii) Subject to the provisions of any applicable law and in order to carry out the purposes listed herein, we may share or disclose your Personal Data with our related corporations including but not limited to:
- Agents, contractors or third party services providers (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) contracted by Gardens by the Bay to provide operational services such as courier services, insurance, telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing training, market research, trend analysis, storage, archival, customer support investigation services or other services.
- Banks, credit card companies, secretarial agents, billing organizations and their respective service providers;
- Our business associate or partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions which may include any merger, acquisition or asset sale;
- Our professional advisors such as lawyers, auditors, accountants or consultants;
- Law enforcement agencies, relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities in compliance with any laws or order of court, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and/or any other person to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
Gardens by the Bay will use all commercially reasonable endeavours to ensure that our employees, officers, partners and such other third parties who have access to your Personal Data observe and adhere to the terms of this Personal Data Protection Policy.
7. Access and Correction of Personal Data
(i) You may request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in our possession or control by submitting a written request to us. We will need sufficient information from you in order to ascertain your identity as well as the nature of your request, so as to be able to deal with your request and shall attend to your request within 30 days. You may write to our Personal Data Protection Officer at the address provided below if you:
- Have any queries or feedback relating to your Personal data or our Data Protection Policy;
- Would like to obtain access and make correction/update to your Personal Data in our record.
Data Protection Officer
Address: 18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018953
(ii) We will also be charging you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access your Personal Data. We will provide you with a written estimate of the fee we will be charging. Please note that we are not required to respond to ordeal with your access request unless you have agreed to pay the fee.
8. Data Rights for European Union ("EU") Subjects
EU subjects who use our services online or at our ticketing counters may contact us to:
- request for the erasure of your Personal Data;
- request for the restriction of processing of your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data; and/or
- request to transfer your personal Data to you or a third-party.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant EU supervisory authority if we have contravened any applicable laws or regulations.
All requests made to us in exercising the rights above will be processed within a reasonable time except where we refuse such requests in accordance with any applicable laws or regulations.
9. Request to Withdraw Consent
(i) You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(ii) We will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made and will thereafter not collect use and/or disclose your Personal Data in the manner stated in your request.
(iii) The withdrawal of your consent may mean depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your Personal Data, that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us.
10. Administration and Management of Personal Data
(i) We will put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. We will not be responsible for any unauthorised use of your Personal Data by third parties which are attributable to factors beyond our control.
(ii) We will put in place measures such that your Personal Data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymised as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and
(ii) retention is no longer necessary for any legal or business purposes.
11. Complaint Process
If you have any complaint or grievance regarding how we are handling your Personal Data or about how we are complying with the PDPA, please contact us with your complaint or grievance at any of the following methods.
- E-mail: email@example.com (Attention it to the ‘Data Protection Officer')
- Office address: 18 Marina Gardens Drive Singapore 018953 (Attention it to the 'Data Protection Officer')
12. Updates on Data Protection Policy
(i) As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time.
(ii) We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Data Protection Policy at our absolute discretion. Any amended Data Protection Policy will be posted on our website and can be viewed at this page.
(iii) You are encouraged to visit this page from time to time to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.
This Data Protection Policy is last updated on 7 Apr 2020.