Come experience the making of Kueh Salat and Kaya through this activity kit !
1) Kueh Salat
300g Glutinous Rice
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Coconut milk
2 pcs Pandan leaves
15-30pcs Blue pea flower
200ml Coconut milk
150g White sugar
70g Rice flour
30pcs Pandan leaves (extract with blender)
- Soak rice for 6 hours
- Steam for 30-40 minutes (only add salt, water and pandan leaves here)
- Pour coconut milk over the rice and steam again for 10-15 minutes (after removing pandan leaves)
- Transfer rice to greased tray and compact, poke holes and pour blue pea solution
- Put back in the steamer while preparing custard
- Cook custard ingredients over low heat (waterbath ideal) until somewhat thickened (do not overcook, will congeal - stir constantly)
- Steam for 30 minutes or until middle is clean when poking with a toothpick
Coconut milk 420g
Pandan leaves 20 leaves (extracted with blender)
- Beats eggs with sugar until smooth
- Cook mixture over low heat (waterbath ideal) until batter congeals/thickens slightly. - Stir constantly to ensure no lumps
- In a separate pot, simmer coconut milk with pandan extract, cool.
- Add pandan-infused coconut milk to egg mixture over low heat (waterbath ideal) and continue to heat and stir until thickened. Allow to cool before pouring into sterilised jars.
*All ingredients are provided for this activity kit.