Kokedama DIY Set
Product Details :
1. Sphagnum Moss
2. Fish Line
3. Bird's Nest Ferns Potted Plant
Steps in making Kokedama from scratch :
1. For potted plants with soil, cut away some of the roots if the root ball is too big.
2. Slowly wrap the wet sphagnum moss around the root ball and tie the fish line around. Do it slowly and compact the sphagnum moss until it forms a ball and ensure it is properly secured by the fish line.
3. Drench or soak the moss ball till it is fully wet.
4. Tie the moss ball using fish line to hang.
Tender Loving Care Advice for Kokedama:
Kokedama, which translate to moss ball in English is where the soil of the plant is covered with moss in spherical shape. This originated from Japan and are commonly displayed as the center of attention. It is one of the unique way where you can display your plants at home without using pots.
Light: Prefers indoor areas with no direct sunlight.
1. Soak the kokedama ball approximately once a week for 5 to 10 mins or until the bubbles stop (avoid having the water touching the plant).
2. Squeeze them gently to drain off the excess water.
3. Mist every 3 to 5 days to keep the moss moist.
Others: Trim off any yellow/ dead leaves on the plant. If there are signs of yellowing on the leaves could indicate over watering. Allow the planting media to dry out for longer period before the next watering. However, the tip of leaves turns crispy brown it could indicate under watering.
*Product photo shown is for reference only. Actual plant colour, type, size & arrangement may differ from photo.