Resembling a moth in flight, Phalaenopsis orchids, commonly referred to as moth orchids, are a symbol of beauty and elegance. It is featured extensively in our new display – Flight of the Moth Orchid in Cloud Forest, as a tribute to the Phalaenopsis genus.
Learn about the distinct characteristics of moth orchids at this botanical watercolour art workshop where you will detail its bright colours, intriguing markings and patterns!
What you will learn:
How to transfer a drawing to watercolour paper
How to mix watercolour paints
Basic watercolour techniques
Wet on wet
Workshop materials include watercolour paper, watercolour paint palette, and pencil and eraser.
Date: 12 February, Saturday
Time: 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Venue: Ficus Room, Active Garden
- Registration Closing Date: 7 Feb 2022, Monday at 5pm
- Fee is inclusive of workshop materials
- Workshop details will be sent via email after registration for the workshop closes
- Workshop does not include admission into Cloud Forest
- Image is for reference only
- All participants will be required to adhere to prevailing safe management measures
About the Trainer
Sharifah developed her curiosity for botanical art while she was studying for her degree in horticulture 4 years ago. Her main focus is on watercolour but she occasionally dabbles in pen and ink botanical drawings as well. Other than botanical illustration, she enjoys exploring nature and photographing plants during her free time.
Here are a few examples of her past works:
- Received the full regimen of Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna or WHO EUL vaccines, with an additional two weeks for the vaccine to be fully effective.
- Fully recovered from COVID-19.